[NatureNS] evening grosbeak; also Parula, Swainson's Thrush and swifts

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 16:39:58 -0300

Sunday
A male Evening Grosbeak  at our Wolfville Ridge Rd  feeder too.  Have heard
them in trees occasionally but for some reason they have not come to feeder
until today.
Another bonus:  the arrival of a Parula Warbler.

Today - Mon: Gordon came across a Swainson's Thrush in our woods this
morning

Sat:  Just before noon    ~30 Chimney Swifts  were swirling and chattering
over Wolfville between Centre Sq. and the RTNC chimney site.   Air was cold
(with gusty winds) and damp with intermittent light showers making me wonder
if these birds had just left the chimney.

Cheers,
Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts
 Wolfville NS