[NatureNS] Google StreetView and Chimney Swift Roost, Kentville

From: James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 21:32:49 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

--001a11c370aa560e3504dd800f95

hi folks,

This afternoon, while kids resting, I did a quick *Google StreetView* *tour
of Kentville* and found 4 decent, likely abandoned chimneys/buildings not
too far from Miner's Marsh (where Chimney Swifts were spotted recently). I
tried the first one tonight - the *old, abandoned KCA School*. I showed up
early because of the impending rain and at about 8:00 pm stepped out of the
car to *2* *Chimney Swifts* chittering overhead...I thought it might just
be coincidence, but at 8:23 pm they dropped into the chimney (sunset was
8:52)! Perhaps there are more there and I will check again on a nicer
evening. Or, other locals, please drop by sometime and check!

Are there any records of them having used this chimney in the past?

cheers,
James.

--
James Churchill
Kentville, Nova Scotia

--001a11c370aa560e3504dd800f95

nd found 4 decent, likely abandoned chimneys/buildings not too far from Min=
er&#39;s Marsh (where Chimney Swifts were spotted recently). I tried the fi=
rst one tonight - the <b>old, abandoned KCA School</b>. I showed up early b=
ecause of the impending rain and at about 8:00 pm stepped out of the car to=
st be coincidence, but at 8:23 pm they dropped into the chimney (sunset was=
 8:52)! Perhaps there are more there and I will check again on a nicer even=
ing. Or, other locals, please drop by sometime and check!</div>

ir=3D"ltr">

James Churchill<br>Kentville, Nova Scotia<br><a href=3D"mailto:jameslchurch=
ill@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">jameslchurchill@gmail.com</a><br>(902) 681=

--001a11c370aa560e3504dd800f95--