[NatureNS] Miner's Marsh

From: Angus MacLean <cold_mac@hotmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 13:59:30 -0200

--_f340199d-5a4a-49cf-bfed-f0a31360372b_

Today about 11-12 noon=2C we strolled around Miner's Marsh (Kentville).

=20

As one would expect there were very few birds but a Bank Swallow flew over =
& the resident Sora called once. A once-heard call from the S. side sounded=
 like a P/B Grebe but I only caught part of it.

=20

The hot weather is lowering the water level much to the delight of the many=
 Mallards. This is Odonate heaven with many dragonflies flitting about...th=
e only identifiable ones were Whitetail Skimmers.=20

=20

The Rugosa roses are impressive with even some on the islands. Although the=
y emit a strong aroma=2C I found few insects on them?? Another plant in flo=
wer now is Rough-fruited Cinquefoil=2C a field species that has found its w=
ay here.

=20

A few butterflies...a few unidentified skippers=2C a Sulphur=2C Tiger Swall=
owtails=2C Mustard White.. were noted.

=20

Lots to see here if one takes their time.

=20

Angus
 		 	   		  =

--_f340199d-5a4a-49cf-bfed-f0a31360372b_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
olled around Miner's Marsh (Kentville).<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
As one would expect there were very few birds but a Bank Swallow flew over =
&amp=3B the resident Sora called once. A once-heard call from the S. side s=
ounded like a P/B Grebe but I only caught part of it.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The hot weather is lowering the water level much to the delight of the many=
 Mallards. This is Odonate heaven with many dragonflies flitting about...th=
e only identifiable ones were Whitetail Skimmers.&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The Rugosa roses are impressive with even some on the islands. Although the=
y&nbsp=3Bemit a strong aroma=2C I found few insects on them?? Another plant=
 in flower now is Rough-fruited Cinquefoil=2C a field species that has foun=
d its way here.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
A few butterflies...a few unidentified skippers=2C a Sulphur=2C Tiger Swall=
owtails=2C Mustard White.. were noted.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Lots to see here if one takes their time.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Angus<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_f340199d-5a4a-49cf-bfed-f0a31360372b_--