[NatureNS] Miner's Marsh

From: Angus MacLean <cold_mac@hotmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 14:34:42 -0200

--_9a4a891e-912b-48ba-b8f0-dd3724fa2dcb_

The weather seemed to clear around noon so I decided to check out Miner's M=
arsh. Not many others there although one unwelcome user was a yahoo on a tr=
ail bike who came across the bridge & continued on the trail to N. Kentvill=
e.

I was surprised to see so many male R/W Blackbirds & seeing numbers perched=
 side by side on a branch....very odd. There was a P/W Grebe diving near th=
e trail. It had caught a nice fat fish which looked like a smelt but perhap=
s not possible here so what would it be?? Two other grebes were calling to =
each other at the south end.

A E. Kingbird=2C catching flying insects over the water=2C seemed a bit out=
 of place. Doing better than me since I didn't see a single insect.

It started  to drizzle when I was halfway around but managed to reach the v=
ehicle before it started to rain hard again. I must have misread the foreca=
st since I thought it was for nice weather today.=20
Angus
 		 	   		  =

--_9a4a891e-912b-48ba-b8f0-dd3724fa2dcb_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
nd noon so I decided to check out Miner's Marsh. Not many others there alth=
ough one unwelcome user was a yahoo on a trail bike who came across the bri=
dge &amp=3B continued on the trail to N. Kentville.<br><br>I was surprised =
to see so many <b>male</b> R/W Blackbirds &amp=3B seeing numbers perched si=
de by side on a branch....very odd. There was a P/W Grebe diving near the t=
rail. It had caught a nice fat fish which looked like a smelt but perhaps n=
ot possible here so what would it be?? Two other grebes were calling to eac=
h other at the south end.<br><br>A E. Kingbird=2C catching flying insects o=
ver the water=2C seemed a bit out of place. Doing better than me since I di=
dn't see a single insect.<br><br>It started&nbsp=3B to drizzle when I was h=