[NatureNS] Toadflax instead Fishing and observations

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 17:48:52 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Apple-Mail-A9142B73-D3ED-4298-8DBD-6A854180CDA4

Hi James

Oops! On second thought you probably mean Toadflax (Linaria vulgaris), an in=
vasive with yellow flowers growing along roadsides. Also in the Figwort fami=
ly like the Turtlehead which would be growing with its feet in the water ins=
tead.=20

Nancy
Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-06-29, at 3:02 PM, James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com> wrote:

>=20
> I was out trout fishing in a spot along the Grimm Road on Sunday.  While t=
here I observed a beaver and could hear a number of common nighthawks callin=
g and could sometimes hear the booming noise that occurs with flight.  I als=
o heard an olive-sided flycatcher calling in the distance.  Of note lots of s=
napdragons in full bloom.  These are a type of orchid I believe.
> =20
> On the fishing end, the trout were not taking.  I raised a lot with the fl=
y rod and changed the fly 15-20 times, but could not get an effective strike=
.  There was one large trout which would have been 13-15 inches, which made n=
ice leaps out after a bug and a white wolf that I tried and also raised a nu=
mber of other times, but I went home empty handed.  Oh well, a nice day in t=
he out of doors with lots of nature about. =20
> =20
> James R. Hirtle
> Bridgewater=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail-A9142B73-D3ED-4298-8DBD-6A854180CDA4

.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style>
--Apple-Mail-A9142B73-D3ED-4298-8DBD-6A854180CDA4--