[NatureNS] Birdsong ID help needed!

Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 18:01:39 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

                                &lt;f
--------------040306090009050506090300

Thanks for reminding me I too have a Cornell CD - I had totally
forgotten about it!!!!!!!
Eleanor

(It would be interesting to meet Suzanne - she has emailed me a few
times....)
But right at this moment, I have had my fill of birds!!

On 29/06/2013 8:56 AM, Rowena Morrison wrote:
> Hello Eleanor,
>
> Looks like you have this one wrapped up already. But, if it is any help with confirmation, I do have a CD of bird calls to which, I am ashamed to say, I have not yet listened. Just give me a call if you would like to give it a try.
>
> I was introduced to Suzanne Borkowski at a meeting the other night, and she would be happy to do bird walks for us. I will be sending out a notice next week.
>
> Rowena
>
> On 2013-06-29, at 8:17 AM, Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
>> I have been bombarded over the past few weeks by a frequent, very monotonous birdsong from the trees surrounding my house and which I heard for the first time briefly last summer. So finally, at the risk of not recognising something terribly obvious, I'm seeking ID assistance:
>>
>> The bird is very elusive, flitting around from tree to tree around my house, mostly high up and I have only once caught a glimpse high above me which was at least enough to confirm the bird's movements matched the calls. What I could see gave the impression of a sparrow-ish sized bird with a medium length beak, some yellow and ? a little white on the breast. I got the impression the wings were darker and possibly there was a hint of wing bars - but it was a very brief glimpse. I have tried with no success to match this with warbler, sparrow and any other similar colour/sound description in my Peterson Field Guide and now turn to NatureNS.
>>
>> I have never before attempted to give an idea of a bird call, but here goes: a slowish husky/buzzy/raspy ascending chuuurrrrr ending abruptly in a quick descending cheow endlessly repeated all day long.
>>
>> Hopefully,
>> Eleanor Lindsay
>> Seabright, St Margarets Bay

--------------040306090009050506090300

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      had totally forgotten about it!!!!!!!<br>
          has emailed me a few times....)<br>
                I have had my fill of bird<font size="+1">s!!<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:47D94AAD-530C-4E5E-AEF5-2D869D16CA47@stmargaretsbay.ca"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Hello Eleanor,

Looks like you have this one wrapped up already. But, if it is any help with confirmation, I do have a CD of bird calls to which, I am ashamed to say, I have not yet listened. Just give me a call if you would like to give it a try.

I was introduced to Suzanne Borkowski at a meeting the other night, and she would be happy to do bird walks for us. I will be sending out a notice next week.

Rowena

        <pre wrap="">I have been bombarded over the past few weeks by a frequent, very monotonous birdsong from the trees surrounding my house and which I heard for the first time briefly last summer. So finally, at the risk of not recognising something terribly obvious, I'm seeking ID assistance:

[...]

</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>

--------------040306090009050506090300--