[NatureNS] re moth ID'ing

From: Fritz McEvoy <fritzmcevoy@hotmail.com>
To: NS NATURE <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 13:47:49 -0300

--_ee6bc60b-0bad-40db-b24b-43d2b865bd9d_

    Hi All=2C    I have a short simple way to ID most insects but particula=
rly moths and other colourful insects like beetles. It is to go to Google o=
r Bing and type in a search for a short basic description of whatever I'm l=
ooking to find out about plus my general location - say Nova Scotia. Then w=
hen the home page of results appears click images and scroll through the pi=
ctures until I find one that's a close match.     For example=2C if I find =
a small black and white moth=2C I search for small black and white moth in =
Nova Scotia. Dozens of pics of small black and white moths will appear to c=
hoose from. Scroll thorough the pics and click on the ones that appear to b=
e the moth you are interested in. You will soon find out it is either the r=
ight one or not. This obviously doesn't work all the time but you would be =
surprised how often am match can be quickly found. All the best.           =
           Fritz McEvoy                       Sunrise  Valley=2C CB (near D=
ingwall) 		 	   		  =

--_ee6bc60b-0bad-40db-b24b-43d2b865bd9d_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
&nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B I have a short simple way to ID most insects but particul=
arly moths and other colourful insects like beetles. It is to go to Google =
or Bing and type in a search for a short basic description of whatever I'm =
looking to find out about plus my general location - say Nova Scotia. Then =
when the home page of results appears click images and scroll through the p=
ictures until I find one that's a close match.&nbsp=3B<div>&nbsp=3B &nbsp=
=3B For example=2C if I find a small black and white moth=2C I search for s=
mall black and white moth in Nova Scotia. Dozens of pics of small black and=
 white moths will appear to choose from. Scroll thorough the pics and click=
 on the ones that appear to be the moth you are interested in. You will soo=
n find out it is either the right one or not. This obviously doesn't work a=
ll the time but you would be surprised how often am match can be quickly fo=
und. All the best.<div>&nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=
=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B Fritz McEvoy</div><div>&nb=
sp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=
=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3B &nbsp=3BSunrise &nbsp=3BValley=2C CB (near Dingwall)<=

--_ee6bc60b-0bad-40db-b24b-43d2b865bd9d_--