[NatureNS] Jack-in-the-pulpit

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 05:33:23 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

In my earlier reply I suggested mammals and birds probably do not store or move around Jack-in-the-Pulpit seeds b/c all parts of the plant are poisonous, as the field guides say.

But I just read (Northern Woodlands, Summer '13, p4): "The most important summer bear foods are wild lettuce (three species), jack-in-the-pulpit, and jewelweed". So who knows?

Nancy
Sent from my iPhone