[NatureNS] Rosa multiflora on the go

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 18:01:02 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>

Multi-flora (roses), grow on long, prickly fronds & spread through rizomes and can & WILL invade everything, if allowed! They are out in blossom, right now, are very  fragrant, smallish in size & white in colour.
...sent by one who has known their invasion...big time! Had to get a backhoe to remove the TOTAL invasion of our backyard, a couple of years ago....mind you, the song birds LOVE it.  :o)

Cheers!

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth