[NatureNS] Rosa multiflora on the go

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 18:20:30 -0300

am thinking birds who do love it must be one means it travels. It showed up
here a couple years under various feeding stations. I have been pulling it
as I find it. One plant did decide to camouflage itself in another rose bush
and got a foot hold, then spread like crazy. First rose has gone as we
hooked the truck to the main plants and pulled it out, a whole string of
them came along. Will be interesting to see if that comes close to cleaning
it up.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
Multi-flora (roses), grow on long, prickly fronds & spread through rizomes
and can & WILL invade everything, if allowed! They are out in blossom, right
now, are very  fragrant, smallish in size & white in colour.
...sent by one who has known their invasion...big time! Had to get a backhoe
to remove the TOTAL invasion of our backyard, a couple of years ago....mind
you, the song birds LOVE it.  :o)

Cheers!

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth