[NatureNS] bat

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:10:06 -0300

Hello,                                    July 15, 2013
    Today for the first time this year I saw evidence of a bat under our
wooden shutters; one bat dropping on a board that runs above our back door
and lies below a wooden shutter.

    Even when there were many bats I rarely saw more than one dropping on
this sloping board. They tend to stick to the wall when fresh, fall when dry
and roll off.

    I have watched for bats in the yard several evenings at sunset +>20
minutes and saw none but wind was marginal for bat feeding.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville