[NatureNS] new dragonfly for Nova Scotia?

From: "Jim Edsall" <jim.edsall@bellaliant.net>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:58:51 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0098_01CE8655.1A64AA30

This afternoon I saw and later photographed =
(http://birdingnewbrunswick.ca/group/nbodonatagroup/forum/topics/my-backy=
ard-in-dartmouth?xg_source=3Dactivity) a female Blue Dasher (Pachydiplax =
longipennis) in my backyard in the center of Dartmouth. To the best of =
my knowledge, (and i invite anyone who knows differently to weigh in), =
this is the first record of this species in Nova Scotia. There are two =
records for New Brunswick in the ADIP data base, but my copy is 7 years =
old so there could be more recent records. I don't know if this species =
migrates or if this is a sign of a breeding population...jim

Jim Edsall=20
Dartmouth, N.S.
check out my website at=20
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/jim.edsall/
------=_NextPart_000_0098_01CE8655.1A64AA30

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>This afternoon I saw and later photographed (<A=20
href=3D"http://birdingnewbrunswick.ca/group/nbodonatagroup/forum/topics/m=
y-backyard-in-dartmouth?xg_source=3Dactivity">http://birdingnewbrunswick.=
ca/group/nbodonatagroup/forum/topics/my-backyard-in-dartmouth?xg_source=3D=
activity</A>)=20
a female Blue Dasher (Pachydiplax longipennis) in my backyard in the =
center of=20
Dartmouth. To the best of my knowledge, (and i invite anyone who knows=20
differently to weigh in), this is the first record of this species in =
Nova=20
Scotia. There are two records for New Brunswick in the ADIP data base, =
but my=20
copy is 7 years old so there could be more recent records. I don't know =
if this=20
species migrates or if this is a sign of a breeding =
population...jim</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Jim Edsall <BR>Dartmouth, N.S.<BR>check out my website at =
<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/jim.edsall/">http://www3.ns.sympatico=
.ca/jim.edsall/</A></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0098_01CE8655.1A64AA30--