[NatureNS] bat again;:Fw: bat

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 21:54:01 -0300

Hello again:                                July 27, 2013
    On the evening of July 15 I saw one bat briefly over the back lawn at
9:38 (watched from 9:30-9:50; sunset about 9:12).

    Today I noticed 2 bat droppings. One on a sloping ledge over the
electric meter box and one on a shelter for the wheelchair lift control.
Both under the same wooden shutter as before.

    Tonight under cloudy and fairly calm conditions I watched from
9:10-9:25; sunset 8:58. Just after 9:15 there were 5 bat passes over the
back lawn in the space of about 20 seconds. Very likely one bat making 5
passes but it is some comfort to see normal looking activity.

CORRECTION: There were actually two pellets on July 15. The second was on
the lift control shelter but covered by the control when I noticed the other
pellet and sent that first e-mail.
    And only <3" of the sloping shelf over the door is below the shutter.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville