[NatureNS] Silent or migrating warblers

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:16:43 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

&
--001a11c333b0821b4704e2e6d81b

Hi,  is there another link to Phil's paper? The one you give leads to F.
Scott Fitzgerald's recommended books, and the search function on that site
doesn't seem to work on an iPhone.

Richard Stern
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2013, at 2:52 PM, Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca> wrote:

Hi all,

Research on this period when songbird family groups are breaking up, and
youngsters wandering all over, is one of the coolest areas in ornithology
right now, as people use new tracking technology to finally figure out
what's going on during what's probably the least-understood part of a
songbird's life.

And some of the best work on this is being done right here in Nova Scotia,
by Phil Taylor's lab at Acadia. A link to their most recent paper, on young
Myrtle and Blackpoll Warblers in Newfoundland, is here:
http://www.openculture.com/?p=71882

Much of the report is quite technical, but it's fairly easy to get the jist
of what was done and the sorts of things people are finding.

Cheers,
Andy