[NatureNS] Shorebirds in Downtown Dartmouth

From: Pat McKay <ah205@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 20:13:56 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--001a1133bb302738ba04e3133d4b

Hello All,

I counted (conservatively) a flock of 126 Semipalmated Plovers (I can't
guarantee that there weren't a few Semipalmated Sandpipers mixed in with
them) this evening around 5pm roosting on the rocky breakwater by the
King's Wharf development  in Downtown Dartmouth. There was also a single
Gannet fishing in the harbour, and a Great Blue Heron which flew low across
the harbour from Dartmouth to Halifax, landing in the Halifax Naval
Dockyard.

Pat McKay

--001a1133bb302738ba04e3133d4b

Hello All,<br><br>I counted (conservatively) a flock of 126 Semipalmated Pl=
overs (I can&#39;t guarantee that there weren&#39;t a few Semipalmated Sand=
pipers mixed in with them) this evening around 5pm roosting on the rocky br=
eakwater by the King&#39;s Wharf development=C2=A0 in Downtown Dartmouth. T=
here was also a single Gannet fishing in the harbour, and a Great Blue Hero=
n which flew low across the harbour from Dartmouth to Halifax, landing in t=
he Halifax Naval Dockyard.<br>

--001a1133bb302738ba04e3133d4b--