[NatureNS] Vultures, turnstones, gannets in HRM

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 11:04:05 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi all,

I forgot to post that two (maybe three; I was driving) Turkey Vultures were circling just west of the 118 in Waverley, late morning on 30 July.

Gannets are close in to Pt Pleasant Pk, Halifax these days. At least three were over the NW Arm and Purcell's Cove yesterday, and one dove spectacularly just off the anchor at the southeast corner this morning. Three Ruddy Turnstones were there this morning, too.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax