[NatureNS] Aggressive Hummingbitd

Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 08:17:40 -0300
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------040207050109040705090801

Thanks for that information Andrew.  The hummingbird continues to come
to the feeder but hasn't exhibited the aggression since that first day.
Perhaps it decided that there was more than enough food for everybody
and it didn't need to defend it.  I haven't determined its sex yet.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 10/08/2013 9:26 AM, Hebda, Andrew J wrote:

> We get some of those at the Museum... have the kids get candy before
> they go up in the galleries..
>
> I did some work on Hummingbirds in Ecuador years back  and noticed
> concentrations at which defensive behaviour started, and higher
> concentrations where defending an "unlimited" food supply was not
> needed, so aggression stopped - no need to defend.
>
> But with your recipe sounds like something else going on.
>
> Andrew

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
        information Andrew.&nbsp; The hummingbird continues</font> to come to
      the feeder but hasn't exhibited the aggression since that first
      day.&nbsp; Perhaps it decided that there was more than enough food for
      everybody and it didn't need to defend it.&nbsp; I haven't determined
      its sex yet.<br>
      Don<br>
        donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      On 10/08/2013 9:26 AM, Hebda, Andrew J wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:BB70A87CFE8B8B4597E5A9D5EDDAB6FB1CD44EC5@AS446.prov.gov.ns.ca"
      type="cite">
        charset=ISO-8859-1">
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
        #000000;font-size: 10pt;">
          before they go up in the galleries..</p>
          noticed concentrations at which defensive behaviour started,
          and higher concentrations where defending an "unlimited" food
          supply was not needed, so aggression stopped - no need to
          defend.</p>
          FONT-SIZE: 16px">
          <hr tabindex="-1">
              color="#000000" face="Tahoma"><b>From:</b>
              naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca
              [naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca] on behalf of Don MacNeill
              [donmacneill@bellaliant.net]<br>
                water, 1 part sugar</font>.&nbsp; Do you think I am making it
              hyperactive like children who get too much sugar? :&gt;)<br>
              Don<br>
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-l