[NatureNS] caterpillar question- tuft control? (long, sorry)

Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:16:28 -0300
From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Thank you Steve!!!!!!

That was a great explanation for the basis of the caterpillar's tuft
movements but also for a whole lot of things- such as the perfectly
preserved hairs etc on insect exuviae (that I see when I hold my
Cicada skin up to the light).

Neat how Crickets and others triangulate with their tympanae to hone
in on their calling mates.

Nancy