[NatureNS] Spring Peeper ??

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:43:03 -0300

Dear All,                                    Aug 21, 2013
    Today at North Alton in a tangle of Blackberry and Goldenrod (old field)
I saw a tiny frog (~17mm long, 14 mm wide, pointed nose, uniform light tan
[like moist box-board], no markings and constantly hopping at about knee
height (my knee) from one leaf/stem to another). The nearest swamp is ~100
paces away and would normally be dry by mid-July. There is an old oil tank,
cut down the middle to make a shallow basin and about half filled with
gravel about 50 paces away; usually has some water.

    Is there anything besides Spring Peeper that this could be ? The last
time a saw a "Tree Frog" was pre-school so I remember only the round toes.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville