[NatureNS] Insect/?nest ID needed!

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:21:42 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_wOygogDeY4u/jFQvj5K18w)

Thank you Dave, but the two rectangular nests are situated approximately
15inches apart on a horizontal ledge - so we have eliminated a paper
wasp and, (via Nancy Dowd), a spider wasp.............!

Eleanor Lindsay

On 21/08/2013 10:50 AM, David & Alison Webster wrote:
> Hi Eleanor & All,                        Aug 21, 2013
>    Legs hanging in flight & half hearted rushes sounds like Paper
> Wasp. If that unusual structure hangs on a short stalk then it is
> definite. Seen from the underside of the structure there would be
> hexagonal cells; made of paper what else ?
>
>    Paper Wasps are very patient & docile. If provoked they will sting
> but it does not amount to much. They are fun to watch when they are
> collecting material for the cells. They work backwards along the grain
> of a piece of weathered wood, roll up a bundle between head and
> prolegs and fly off.
> Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eleanor Lindsay"
> <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
        rectangular nests a</font>re situated approximately 15inches
    have eliminated a paper wasp and, (via Nancy Dowd), a spider
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
      Alison Webster wrote:<br>
      type="cite">Hi Eleanor &amp; All,                        Aug 21,
      2013
         Legs hanging in flight &amp; half hearted rushes sounds like
      Paper Wasp. If that unusual structure hangs on a short stalk then
      it is definite. Seen from the underside of the structure there
      would be hexagonal cells; made of paper what else ?
         Paper Wasps are very patient &amp; docile. If provoked they