[NatureNS] Flicker, ants ?

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 09:38:24 -0300

Dear All,                            Aug 31, 2013
    I don't often pay attention to birds but today was an exception. First a
persistent drumming on the chimney liner cap turned out to be a probable
Flicker (outline of head & fore body only) confirmed later by calling.

    When I went out at 8:30 the check on the drumming there were 20+ small
birds flying high in circles, with very rapid wingbeats which I took to be
feeding, probably on ants. And also at 8:30 gulls flying SW in a determined
way by 2's to 5's.

    When I went out next at 9:30 the same. High feeders and Gulls as before.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville