[NatureNS] Glossy Ibis, Solitary Sandpiper Pt Pleasant Park

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:55:53 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

Hi all,

Just back from a stroll in the park with non-birder friends, who didn't quite have the same reaction as me when a glossy ibis glided along the shore right in front of us by the anchor (S of Black Rock beach). It landed near the point (camera battery: dead), then continued out of sight around the point and I couldn't relocate it.

Earlier we'd run into Giselle d'Entremont, who'd just been watching a Solitary Sandpiper in the pond that just inside the Young Ave entrance. She'd first seen it on Friday, I think.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax