[NatureNS] Red-crested Pochard, Eagle Head Beach, Queen's Co.

From: "Eric L. Mills" <e.mills@dal.ca>
To: ns-rba@yahoogroups.com, naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 18:19:03 -0300

This afternoon I found an adult female Red-crested Pochard in a small pond at the east end
of Eagle Head Beach, Queen's Co. It was alone and relatively shy, but I got a few
photographs; I will post a couple on the RBA later today.

Red-crested Pochard's range is eastern Europe (sporadically) and the Caucasus into
southern Asia. It wanders annually to Britain and continental western Europe.

No doubt this bird was a release or an escape. Nonetheless, It was fun to find and identify it.

Eric L. Mills
286 Kingsburg Road,
RR#1, Rose Bay, NS B0J 2X)
Canada