[NatureNS] Northern Wheater and warblers

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 00:02:26 +0000

--_aad89174-381e-44ba-88da-022b7e9d889d_

Hi all:
=20
If others go for the wheater=2C I'd like to point out two warblers that you=
 might wish to try for.  When going out the road for the wheater=2C if you =
go left rather then right this will bring you to a small parking spot which=
 is on the far end of Kingsburg Beach.  If you leave your car there and wal=
k out the road which goes further out towards Hell's Point and then branch =
at the first driveway to the right.  This is where I saw a warbler this mor=
ning.  I believe it to have been a mourning warbler=2C but it was one of th=
ose birds that came up for a view and then flew in before I could bring my =
binoculars up on it.  I did get enough of a view though to know that it lik=
ely was not an orange-crowned warbler as it had a full gray hood.  I notice=
d a yellow chest and an obvious olive patch on the back=2C so Nashville is =
also a possibility for this bird as Sibley gives a green patch on the back =
as an ID feature.  The other warbler was a nice orange-crowned warbler whic=
h was on Mosher Road.  When you come to the T where you turn right out to H=
ell's Point or left to Rose Head=2C if you turn left and head up the hill=
=2C there is a small loop road on the left that brings you back down to the=
 main drag by the lake.  It is on the corner before turning back down the h=
ill towards the lake where I saw the orange-crowned warbler in a hedge ther=
e.  There were also 12 yellow-rumped warblers=2C a song sparrow=2C a dark-e=
yed junco=2C and two white-throated sparrows in this hedge. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater
 		 	   		  =

--_aad89174-381e-44ba-88da-022b7e9d889d_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
&nbsp=3B<BR>If others go for the wheater=2C I'd like to point out two&nbsp=
=3Bwarblers that you might wish to try for.&nbsp=3B When going out the road=
 for the wheater=2C if you go left rather then right this will bring you to=
 a small parking spot which is on the far end of Kingsburg Beach.&nbsp=3B I=
f you leave your car there and walk out the road which goes further out tow=
ards Hell's Point and&nbsp=3Bthen branch at the&nbsp=3Bfirst driveway to th=
e right.&nbsp=3B This is where I saw a warbler this morning.&nbsp=3B I beli=
eve it to have been a mourning warbler=2C but it was one of those birds tha=
t came up for a view and then flew in before I could bring my binoculars up=
 on it.&nbsp=3B I did get enough of a view though to know that it likely wa=
s not an orange-crowned warbler as it had a full gray hood.&nbsp=3B I notic=
ed a yellow chest and an obvious olive patch on the back=2C so Nashville is=
 also a possibility for this bird as Sibley gives a green patch on the back=
 as an ID feature.&nbsp=3B The other warbler was a nice orange-crowned warb=
ler which was on Mosher Road.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BWhen you come to the T where y=
ou turn right out to Hell's Point or left to Rose Head=2C if you turn left =
and head up the hill=2C there is a small loop road on the left that brings =
you back down to the main drag by the lake.&nbsp=3B It is on the corner bef=
ore turning back down the hill towards the lake where I saw the orange-crow=
ned warbler in a hedge there.&nbsp=3B There were also 12 yellow-rumped warb=
lers=2C a song sparrow=2C a dark-eyed junco=2C and two white-throated sparr=
ows in this hedge.&nbsp=3B <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>James R. Hirtle<BR>Bridgewater<B=

--_aad89174-381e-44ba-88da-022b7e9d889d_--