[NatureNS] black scoters on lake

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 18:21:42 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

There were 4 Black Scoters on Big Mush-a-Mush Lake (inland Lun Co) today. One male and three females. I have never seen these before on freshwater away from the coast. This is a large, very deep (we passed over areas >80') spring-fed lake with a sandy/rocky/boulder substrate.

Another surprise for me was a Bufflehead flying over the same lake. Another duck I have never seen inland here.

Nancy