[NatureNS] dispersing spiders?

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:08:13 -0400

Hi Nancy & All,                        Nov 17, 2013
    This would normally happen in the spring I think but the unseasonably
warm weather this fall, especially recently, may have caused them to jump
the gun.

    Speaking of spiders, I recently discovered a way to amass and shelter
spider eggs. Earlier this summer when we needed more outdoor chairs than the
two antique folding webbed ones, I brought down two black canvas chairs with
metal frames that fold like an umbrella or resting bat. These were left on
planks under the rain shelter of the canoe all summer. When I started to
move them into the attic recently I discovered that there were scads of
spider egg masses glued within every fold so decided to leave them outdoors.
I will check on the next fine day to see if any have hatched.
YT, Dave Webster, Kentville