[NatureNS] Mice

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 19:25:38 -0400
From: "Andy Moir/Christine Callaghan" <slickdog1@gmail.com>
To: "NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--047d7b15b2656bc07d04ed0e3204

I had a neighbour who did two things.  First, he put dryer sheets inside
the car....he claimed that mice didn't like the smell of them...he didn't
offer up any scientific proof to back this claim.  Secondly, and perhaps
the most effective:  He had a large sheet of heavy-duty plastic...the type
that I think is used as vapour barriers in houses....he spread it out on
the floor of the garage, and then parked his car on top of it.  then he
pulled it up around the sides, back, and front of the car.  I think he had
enough of it that he could actually overlap the edges, and then tape them
together.  He claimed it worked.
Andy

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM, <Hubcove@aol.com> wrote:

>  Wondering if anyone out there has an innovative idea to keep mice out of
> a stored vehicle. We keep our car in our double garage for three months or
> so while we are in Florida. I have tried to mouse proof the garage but I
> don't think it is possible. Last year one mouse electrocuted itself while
> trying to eat through a cable coming through the siding. Mothballs work but
> smell almost as bad as the mice when we use the car in the spring. We are
> infested with mice so I don't think multiple traps are the answer. Any
> suggestions would be welcome.
> Peter Stow
> Hubbards

--047d7b15b2656bc07d04ed0e3204

t dryer sheets inside the car....he claimed that mice didn&#39;t like the s=
mell of them...he didn&#39;t offer up any scientific proof to back this cla=
im.=A0 Secondly, and perhaps the most effective:=A0 He had a large sheet of=
 heavy-duty plastic...the type that I think is used as vapour barriers in h=
ouses....he spread it out on the floor of the garage, and then parked his c=
ar on top of it.=A0 then he pulled it up around the sides, back, and front =
of the car.=A0 I think he had enough of it that he could actually overlap t=
he edges, and then tape them together.=A0 He claimed it worked.=A0 <br>
quote">On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:Hubcove@aol.com" target=3D"_blank">Hubcove@aol.com</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

e=3D"Arial">
to keep=20
mice out of a stored vehicle. We keep our car in our double garage for thre=
e=20
months or so while we are in Florida. I have tried to mouse proof the garag=
e but=20
I don&#39;t think it is possible. Last year one mouse electrocuted itself w=
hile=20
trying to eat through a cable coming through the siding. Mothballs work but=
=20
smell almost as bad as the mice when we use the car in the spring. We are=
=20
infested with mice so I don&#39;t think multiple traps are the answer. Any=
=20
suggestions would be welcome.</font></div>
iv><br></div>

--047d7b15b2656bc07d04ed0e3204--