[NatureNS] Mice

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 19:37:09 -0400
From: Sean Dzafovic <sdzafovic@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--089e012940d8a2d7e504ed0e5bdc

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Andy Moir/Christine Callaghan <
slickdog1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a neighbour who did two things.  First, he put dryer sheets inside
> the car....he claimed that mice didn't like the smell of them...he didn't
> offer up any scientific proof to back this claim.  Secondly, and perhaps
> the most effective:  He had a large sheet of heavy-duty plastic...the type
> that I think is used as vapour barriers in houses....he spread it out on
> the floor of the garage, and then parked his car on top of it.  then he
> pulled it up around the sides, back, and front of the car.  I think he had
> enough of it that he could actually overlap the edges, and then tape them
> together.  He claimed it worked.
> Andy

I have heard about the dryer sheets as well. I'm trying them at the cottage
this year to see if that reduces the mouse problem. A friend swore by them
for his cottage over the winter. They used them multiple years so it seemed
to work for them.

Sean Dzafovic

--089e012940d8a2d7e504ed0e5bdc

_quote">On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Andy Moir/Christine Callaghan <span=
 dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:slickdog1@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">s=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I had a neighbour who =
did two things.=A0 First, he put dryer sheets inside the car....he claimed =
that mice didn&#39;t like the smell of them...he didn&#39;t offer up any sc=
ientific proof to back this claim.=A0 Secondly, and perhaps the most effect=
ive:=A0 He had a large sheet of heavy-duty plastic...the type that I think =
is used as vapour barriers in houses....he spread it out on the floor of th=
e garage, and then parked his car on top of it.=A0 then he pulled it up aro=
und the sides, back, and front of the car.=A0 I think he had enough of it t=
hat he could actually overlap the edges, and then tape them together.=A0 He=
 claimed it worked.=A0 <br>

them at the cottage this year to see if that reduces the mouse problem. A f=
riend swore by them for his cottage over the winter. They used them multipl=
e years so it seemed to work for them.<br>

--089e012940d8a2d7e504ed0e5bdc--