[NatureNS] Pink-footed Goose, Barnacle Goose?

Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:27:48 -0400
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------020701050605040408030207

Thanks, Rick!  Last time we found the flooded quarry right at the end of
the time we were able to spend, so we'll try there first, but we've
heard that the geese don't come there in quantities until about 4:30
p.m., which is pretty dark.
Lois Codling

On 09/12/2013 6:41 AM, Rick Whitman wrote:
> A BC birder saw both species on Dec. 6th at the quarry. Further to
> Larry's post, the last eBird report of the Pink-footed Goose was at
> "432 Farnham Mill Rd." on Dec. 4th. There's a link to a map here.
>
> http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15846644
>
> In the earlier weeks I believe the two rare geese were in different
> locations more often than together. As you say "again" I'll assume you
> know about Tidal Bore Road for the PFGO and Dickson Rd etc, further
> out Rte 311, for the BAGO. These are feeding locations, and there are
> others all over that area. Good luck !
> Rick Whitman
>

> On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Lois Codling
> <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca <mailto:loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Can anyone tell us if these two geese have been seen recently?  We
>     may try again for them tomorrow if the weather permits.
>
>     Lois Codling
>

> --
> Rick Whitman

--------------020701050605040408030207

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Thanks, Rick!&nbsp; Last time we found the flooded quarry right at the
    end of the time we were able to spend, so we'll try there first, but
    we've heard that the geese don't come there in quantities until
    about 4:30 p.m., which is pretty dark.<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAA9nSY_ODeH9zJMo5zafPP6diY3B718-nbQeTdXYi=1mbKyGTQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          Further to Larry's post, the last eBird report of the
          Pink-footed Goose was at "432 Farnham Mill Rd." on Dec. 4th.
          There's a link to a map here.</div>
            href="http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15846644">http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15846644</a><br>
          different locations more often than together. As you say
          "again" I'll assume you know about Tidal Bore Road for the
          PFGO and Dickson Rd etc, further out Rte 311, for the BAGO.
          These are feeding locations, and there are others all over
          that area. Good luck !</div>
          Codling <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca" target="_blank">loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Can anyone
            tell us if these two geese have been seen recently? &nbsp;We may
            try again for them tomorrow if the weather permits.<span
              class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888"><br>
                Lois Codling<br>
        -- <br>
        Rick Whitman<br>

--------------020701050605040408030207--