[NatureNS] Birds Dec. 8 inc. Barnacle Goose & Bullock's Oriole

Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:29:46 -0400
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------040707050004000306020806

Thanks Larry!  Updates are good!
Lois Codling

On 09/12/2013 12:37 AM, Larry Neily wrote:
> On Dec. 8 at 10AM there was one, possibly 2 Bullock's Orioles at 6
> Birchwood in Kentville. A Northern Flicker was also there.
>
> At the quarry in Brookside Colchester (NNE of Truro - S of the 104, N
> of Farnham Hill Road and E of Rte. 311), the Barancle Goose was
> present in the late afternoon, but I did not see the Pink-footed Goose
> (but it would have been easy to miss with all the islands). Also
> present were 2 Am. Coot, 2 Am. Wigeon, a Ruddy Duck and a Northern
> Pintail, and a 1000 or more Canada Geese and a couple hundred Mallard.
> Earlier in the afternoon there were at least 1000 Canada Geese along
> Shore Road in Masstown and 30 Snow Buntings. Larry Neily

--------------040707050004000306020806

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Thanks Larry!&nbsp; Updates are good!<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style>
        Bullock's Orioles at 6 Birchwood in Kentville. A Northern
        Flicker was also there.<br>
        &nbsp;<br>
        At the quarry in Brookside Colchester (NNE of Truro - S of the
        104, N of Farnham Hill Road&nbsp;and E of Rte. 311), the Barancle
        Goose was present in the late afternoon, but I did not see the
        Pink-footed Goose (but it would have been easy to miss with all
        the islands). Also present were&nbsp;2 Am. Coot, 2 Am. Wigeon, a
        Ruddy Duck and a Northern Pintail, and a 1000 or more Canada
        Geese and a couple hundred Mallard. Earlier in the afternoon
        there were at least 1000 Canada Geese along Shore Road in
        Masstown and 30 Snow Buntings. Larry Neily<br>

--------------040707050004000306020806--