Porous pavement: Re: [NatureNS] mourning doves among road salt

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:51:33 -0400

And note that porous asphalt pavement, which has been available for 4
decades, reduces the need for salt and by aiding infiltration avoids salt
peaks in waterways, is not prone to potholes or hydroplaning and being rough
is less hazardous in black ice conditions.  For the 1978 bible see--
http://www.asphaltpavement.org/images/stories/porous_pavement-thelan.pdf
    This is an old PDF so find does not work and 1-3 characters are missing
from the left margin of most pages but reading both ends to the left margin
usually works.
     For a really different and recent twist see--
To be continued: my computer has eaten two e-mails and even find can't find
them; no kidding.
Yt, Dave Webster