[NatureNS] Re: 2 Peregrine Falcons in Halifax

Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:50:37 -0400
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_4600968==.ALT

Thanks to Robert Walsh for the original report, and to Suzanne for
the update.  This location is within my Halifax-Dartmouth CBC route,
and I will certainly be looking for the Pregrine Falcons next
Sunday!  There are normally a pair of Common Ravens hanging around
that building; I wonder what they think of the newcomers?

Cheers,

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax.

At 05:22 PM 14/12/2013, Suzanne Borkowski wrote:

>Hi Everyone;
>
>There were 2 Peregrines today on the Manulife sign on the tall black
>Manulife building on what used to be called Dutch Village Road - now
>Joseph Howe Drive, just up from the rotary.  One was an adult and
>the other was a dark juvenile.  They were perched on either side of
>the "logo" sign immediately to the left of the "M".
>
>There's a parking lot in front of a white church right at the
>rotary.  It's a good place to pull off and set up your scope or use
>your binoculars.  The birds are perched so high that the closer you
>get to them, the harder they are to see!
>
>Happy Holidays;
>
>Suzanne

--=====================_4600968==.ALT

Suzanne for the update.&nbsp; This location is within my
Halifax-Dartmouth CBC route, and I will certainly be looking for the
Pregrine Falcons next Sunday!&nbsp; There are normally a pair of Common
Ravens hanging around that building; I wonder what they think of the
newcomers?<br><br>
Cheers,<br><br>
Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
Halifax.<br><br>
At 05:22 PM 14/12/2013, Suzanne Borkowski wrote:<br>
Hi Everyone;<br><br>
There were 2 Peregrines today on the Manulife sign on the tall black
Manulife building on what used to be called Dutch Village Road - now
Joseph Howe Drive, just up from the rotary.&nbsp; One was an adult and
the other was a dark juvenile.&nbsp; They were perched on either side of
the &quot;logo&quot; sign immediately to the left of the
&quot;M&quot;.<br><br>
There's a parking lot in front of a white church right at the
rotary.&nbsp; It's a good place to pull off and set up your scope or use
your binoculars.&nbsp; The birds are perched so high that the closer you
get to them, the harder they are to see!<br><br>
Happy Holidays;<br><br>