[NatureNS] Re: 2 Peregrine Falcons in Halifax

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:33:42 -0400
From: Ronald Arsenault <rongarsenault@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--f46d043c0816fd648104eda95f93

Hello,

Keep an eye out for nesting Peregrines next spring. We have had a pair
nesting in downtown Moncton since at least 2010.  Why not Halifax. Remember
the Sun Life building in Montreal, the Assumption Life Building in Moncton
and now Manulife in Halifax.  Being seen on an insurance building must be a
good sign, I would think!

All the best,

Ron

--
Ronald G. Arsenault
Moncton, N.B.

--f46d043c0816fd648104eda95f93

grines next spring. We have had a pair nesting in downtown Moncton since at=
 least 2010. =A0Why not Halifax. Remember the Sun Life building in Montreal=
, the Assumption Life Building in Moncton and now Manulife in Halifax. =A0B=
eing seen on an insurance building must be a good sign, I would think!</div=

, 2013 at 4:50 PM, P.L. Chalmers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:pl=
chalmers@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"_blank">plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&=
gt;</span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Suzanne for the update.=A0 This location is within my
Halifax-Dartmouth CBC route, and I will certainly be looking for the
Pregrine Falcons next Sunday!=A0 There are normally a pair of Common
Ravens hanging around that building; I wonder what they think of the
newcomers?<br><br>
Cheers,<br><br>
Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
Halifax.<br><br>
At 05:22 PM 14/12/2013, Suzanne Borkowski wrote:<br>
Hi Everyone;<br><br>
There were 2 Peregrines today on the Manulife sign on the tall black
Manulife building on what used to be called Dutch Village Road - now
Joseph Howe Drive, just up from the rotary.=A0 One was an adult and
the other was a dark juvenile.=A0 They were perched on either side of
the &quot;logo&quot; sign immediately to the left of the
&quot;M&quot;.<br><br>
There&#39;s a parking lot in front of a white church right at the
rotary.=A0 It&#39;s a good place to pull off and set up your scope or use
your binoculars.=A0 The birds are perched so high that the closer you
get to them, the harder they are to see!<br><br>
Happy Holidays;<br><br>

senault<br>Moncton, N.B.

--f46d043c0816fd648104eda95f93--