[NatureNS] NS birds RFI

From: Graham Williams <grahamevanwilliams@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 23:47:49 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I'm currently in Nova Scotia, visiting through Jan 4th. My wife and I generally visit her family in Dartmouth twice per year and I've been whittling away at my NS target birds list every trip. I have a few left that I would appreciate hearing reports of. I generally know the likely spots to check for these, so I don't necessarily need info on good spots to check, so much as I would like to hear of recent sightings of these species. Please let me know if any of these are seen in the next two weeks. I'll be out looking too! Thanks so much for any info that you all can provide!

Tufted Duck
King Eider
Tundra-Bean Goose
Barnacle Goose
Pink-footed Goose
Cackling Goose
Thick-billed Murre
Mew (Common) Gull
Northern Shrike
Northern Goshawk
Lapland Longspur
Long-eared Owl
Boreal Owl
Northern Hawk-Owl
Grey Partridge
Golden Eagle
Bullock's Oriole

I'd also appreciate any updates, positive or negative, on all the rare geese; Tundra-Bean, Barnacle, Pink-footed, as well as the Bullock's Oriole. Please keep the reports coming!

I really appreciate all of the great NS birders sharing helpful info and assistance every time I'm up. You all are great! Please let me know anytime someone needs info on Florida birds. I'd be happy to help.

Merry Christmas!
Graham Williams
Longwood, Florida
In NS through Jan 4th