[NatureNS] governance and science

From: Paul Ruggles <cpruggles@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:25:05 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

John And Nhung,

Too many Canadians appear indifferent to global warming. Elie Wiesel, the Holocaust survivor, believed that indifference was the manifestation of evil. I suppose we are "just" indifferent - not really evil. A generation from now our grandchildren will ask - When you knew what was happening, why didn't you do something about it?  I'm glad I won't have to answer that question.