[NatureNS] Mystery Bird

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:55:35 -0400
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

ngfisher size though.&amp;nbsp=3B &lt;/font&g
--------------010903070905060207090908

Perhaps a Mourning Dove that surprised the others.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 17/01/2014 8:20 PM, James Hirtle wrote:
> Thank you Jim:
>
> I would like others to weigh in on this as I'm puzzled.  Yes a sharpie
> was ruled out as it was only Kingfisher sized.  It was too thin and
> elongated to have been a hawk.  I'm quite mystified as it did not
> match anything that I can think of.  The elongation of the bird with
> the short wings puzzles me.  I really would have like to have been
> able to track it down and get a better look, but it just seemed to
> vanish.  I circled the tree that I thought it went into, but could see
> no evidence of a bird there, so it obviously carried on with its
> flight.  The fact that it was going so close to the ground also
> puzzles me.  Would a rail in flight look like this?  I'm at a loss.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> James

> Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:38:21 -0400
> Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Mystery Bird
> From: jim.edsall@bellaliant.net
> To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
>
> Did you rule out a young sharpie?
>

> Sent from Samsung tablet

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
        Dove that surprised the others.<br>
        Don<br>
        donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      On 17/01/2014 8:20 PM, James Hirtle wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style>
        &nbsp;<br>
          puzzled.&nbsp; Yes a sharpie was ruled out as it was only
          Kingfisher sized.&nbsp; It was too thin and elongated to have been
          a hawk.&nbsp; I'm quite mystified as it did not match anything that
          I can think of.&nbsp; The&nbsp;elongation of the bird with the short
          wings puzzles me.&nbsp;&nbsp;I really would have like to have been able
          to track it down and get a better look, but it just seemed to
          vanish.&nbsp; I circled the tree that I thought it went into, but
          could see no evidence of a bird there, so it obviously carried
          on with its flight.&nbsp; The fact that it was going so close to
          the ground also puzzles me.&nbsp; Would a rail in flight look like
          this?&nbsp; I'm at a loss.&nbsp; &nbsp; </font><br>
        &nbsp;<br>
        &nbsp;<br>
        &nbsp;<br>
          <hr id="stopSpelling">Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:38:21 -0400<br>