[NatureNS] big tide alert for today, right now, here in The Valley

Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 09:44:10 -0400
From: Shouty McShoutsalot <desolatechair@gmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

rget=3D"_blank"&gt;desolatechair@gmail.com&lt;/a&gt;&amp;gt; wrote:&lt;br&gt; &lt;/font&gt; &lt;/d
--001a1132ee3cc2d01704f194d5db

Thinking about this a little more and I don't think your formula would
quite work as tides are not symmetrical - they do not rise and fall exactly
the same distance from low to high.  It's probably close enough though!  My
trigonometry is pretty rusty but something like y=A sin(w) + D might work.

--
Jamie Simpson
Hantsport, NS

--001a1132ee3cc2d01704f194d5db

ur formula would quite work as tides are not symmetrical - they do not rise=
 and fall exactly the same distance from low to high. =A0It&#39;s probably =
close enough though! =A0My trigonometry is pretty rusty but something like =
y=3DA sin(w) + D might work.</div>
 2014 19:10, Shouty McShoutsalot <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:de=
solatechair@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">desolatechair@gmail.com</a>&gt;</s=
pan> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;d say keep an eye on =
it and if it&#39;s wet add a foot! =A0;-)</div><div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div c=
lass=3D"h5">
 2014 15:39, Paul MacDonald <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:paulrit=
a2001@yahoo.com" target=3D"_blank">paulrita2001@yahoo.com</a>&gt;</span> wr=
ote:<br>

<blockq