[NatureNS] another shrike visit

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:17:31 -0400

Steve said there was a very soggy Northern Shrike in the grapevine earlier
this morning. Many, many small birds visiting yesterday passing through in
waves. A solitary Robin came yesterday. Is it "our Robin" we don't know.
That would make the 7th year we estimate. It came to the grapevine and
called then went to the ash and waited until apples went out. It stayed
awhile then was gone. Today there are three but not the first one that I can
see. Any idea how long a Robin lives?
An online friend, who is suffering the affects of the storms that dumped on
South Carolina has written to tell about many small birds she hasn't seen
before. She has identified them after I suggested the Cornell id site.
Juncos. Many, many Juncos.
Happy Valentine's Day all.
Best regards, Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca