[NatureNS] warbler sp. various wood bird species

Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 21:40:30 -0400
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c37b3292b7cf04f31d0e7d

Pine has prominent wing bars. Orange - crowned is very plain. Both occur in
winter. I'd go with O-C but I suppose it could be something completely
different.

Richard Stern
Sternrichard@gmail.com
On Feb 23, 2014 9:25 PM, <bdigout@seaside.ns.ca> wrote:

> >  Thanks guys.  It could be an orange-crowned.  I've never seen one, so I
> don't want to make that call..  I was looking into the sun at the time,
> so the yellow wasn't evident.
> Billy
>
>  Hi, Billy.
> >
> > Orange-crowned Warbler is the most likely.  Olive green back, a drab pale
> > colour below, usually fairly bright yellow under the tail.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Susann

. Both occur in winter. I&#39;d go with O-C but I suppose it could be somet=
hing completely different. </p>
Sternrichard@gmail.com</p>
bdigout@seaside.ns.ca">bdigout@seaside.ns.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attr=
ibution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;borde=
r-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
&gt; =A0Thanks guys. =A0It could be an orange-crowned. =A0I&#39;ve never se=
en one, so I<br>
don&#39;t want to make that call.. =A0I was looking into the sun at the tim=
e,<br>
so the yellow wasn&#39;t evident.<br>
Billy<br>
=A0Hi, Billy.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Orange-crowned Warbler is the most likely. =A0Olive green back, a drab=
 pale<br>
&gt; colour below, usually fairly bright yellow under the tail.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; Susann<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --------------------------------------------------<br>
&gt; From: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bdigout@seaside.ns.ca">bdigout@seaside.ns.=
ca</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:33 PM<br>
&gt; To: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.n=
s.ca</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; Subject: [NatureNS] warbler sp. =A0various wood bird species<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; I usually walk in the woods in various areas of Rich. Co. at least=
 5<br>
&gt;&gt; days<br>
&gt;&gt; of a week in winter. =A0Today, for the first time this winter, a p=
air of<br>
&gt;&gt; R.B.Nuthatches came to my phishing, along with the regular G.C.Kin=
glets,<br>
&gt;&gt; G.Jays, =A0both Chickadees and a warbler. =A0The warbler was very =
plain,<br>
&gt;&gt; greenish above and light below, nothing obvious for identification=
. =A0Any<br>
&gt;&gt; ideas?<br>
&gt;&gt; Billy<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>