[NatureNS] Snowy and rough-legged pellets

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:37:12 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c11c7420d3d604f597872c

All,

Many birds produce pellets. Diurnal raptors, gulls, corvids (I think). What
makes owl pellets unique is that they tend to stick together much better
than the pellets of other birds.

Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 26 March 2014 21:07, Hebda, Andrew J <HEBDAAJ@gov.ns.ca> wrote:

> I finished going through 5 snowy owl pellets earlier in the week -
> collected by Derek Bridgehouse from Hartlen Poitn (I thikk)
>
> One massive one, and 4, less-so.
>
> The large one held remains evidently of a pheasant,  Two other had gull
> bits, only one had a bit of rodent bones and fur.
>
> Andrew
>

> A Hebda
>
> NSM Collections (Zoology0

they tend to stick together much better than the pellets of other birds.&nb=
sp;</div>

oonies of<br>Antigonish County, NS.</div>
te" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"=

I finished going through 5 snowy owl pellets earlier in the week - collecte=
d by Derek Bridgehouse from Hartlen Poitn (I thikk)<br>
One massive one, and 4, less-so.<br>
The large one held remains evidently of a pheasant, &nbsp;Two other had gul=
l bits, only one had a bit of rodent bones and fur.<br>
Andrew<br>
A Hebda<br>
NSM Collections (Zoology0<br>
From: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens-owner@chebu=