[NatureNS] Harper government's move on humpback whale is an epic fail - The Globe and Mail

From: "John Kearney" <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:45:58 -0300

I have worked and consulted for industry, both in the fisheries and in the
wind energy sectors. To support Andy's analysis, I have found that COSEWIC
provides the best science-based and least politically-motivated assessment
and classification process among federal agencies. Without putting on
blinders, it is my view that we should focus on supporting COSEWIC
assessments and calling for full implementation of its recommendations and
the development of effective recovery plans.