[NatureNS] St. Croix Bluebird

From: Paul Ruggles <cpruggles@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 09:51:10 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Apple-Mail-1-598675578

John,
What street is the house for sale on in Mount Denson?
Paul Ruggles

On 2014-05-10, at 5:52 PM, John & Francine Belbin wrote:

> I decided to make a special effort to add the Bluebird that was =
reported a couple of weeks ago,to my NAMC tour today. I had my lunch in =
the car on the Rocks Road in St Croix while watching for the bird.  It =
was pretty dark so quite hard to identify anything flying over and so =
windy in that completely open area that the glasses kept vibrating =
badly. I had given up ,begun to move the car off when a small bird flew =
over and fluttered onto a nearby post. Rolling the window down I had =
great views of a Bluebird, the first I have seen in several years. =
Naturally, as soon as I got out to photograph it, it took off. But at =
least it is still in the same area so it may be breeding nearby.
> =20
> I had more success with the Bald Eagle nest on the Avon estuary at =
Mount Denson, obtaining some clear shots of a fierce parent guarding the =
nest. This nest is much closer to the ground than others I am familiar =
with which provides an improved view. However it is on clearly marked =
private property. Fortunately the house is currently for sale and I =
didn't think anyone would complain about my brief visit.=20
> Anyone looking for a water-front home with its own eagle nest?
> =20
> John Belbin - Hantsport

--Apple-Mail-1-598675578

break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; ">John,<div>What street is the house for sale on in =
2014-05-10, at 5:52 PM, John &amp; Francine Belbin wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
bgcolor=3D"#ffffff"><div><font size=3D"2" face=3D"Arial">I decided to =
make a special effort to add the Bluebird that was reported a couple of =
weeks ago,to my NAMC tour today. I had my lunch in the car on the Rocks =
Road in St Croix while watching for the bird.&nbsp; It was pretty dark =
so quite hard to identify anything flying over and so windy in that =
completely open area that the glasses kept vibrating badly. I had given =
up ,begun to move the car off when a small bird flew over and fluttered =
onto a nearby post. Rolling the window down I had great views of a =
Bluebird, the first I have seen in several years. Naturally, as soon as =
I got out to photograph it, it took off. But at least it is still =
in&nbsp;the&nbsp;same area so it may be breeding =
had more success with the Bald Eagle nest on the Avon estuary at Mount =
Denson, obtaining some clear shots of a fierce parent guarding the nest. =
This nest is much closer to the ground than others I am familiar with =
which provides an improved view. However it is on clearly marked private =
property.&nbsp;Fortunately the house is currently for sale and I didn't =
think anyone would complain about my brief =
looking for a water-front&nbsp;home with its own eagle =
face=3D"Arial">John Belbin - =
tml>=

--Apple-Mail-1-598675578--