[NatureNS] Feeders

From: Hubcove@aol.com
Full-name: Hubcove
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca

--part1_8744e.4484570f.40a26b13_boundary

In addition to the hordes of Purple and Goldfinches,  chickadees and Jays
we have two new visitors to the feeders the last few days.  They come and go
quickly so identification is not easy. They have no interest in  the seed
but are only interested in the suet and go there when there are no
Woodpeckers, which is not often. They are about the same size as the goldfinches  but
dark striped and very colourfull with a white patch on the breast, yellow
patches on the sides and rump and some white in the tail. One has some yellow
on  the head.
The closest I can come up with are Yellow rumped warblers  possibly not yet
in full summer dress but have no idea whether that would be  typical
behaviour.
We are having a busy woodpecker year. They always nest here  but there are
usually half a dozen behind the house right now, Downies and  Hairies.
Peter Stow
Hubbards
--part1_8744e.4484570f.40a26b13_boundary

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17105"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #=
000000"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dro=
le_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>In addition to the hordes of Purple and Goldfinches,=20
chickadees and Jays we have two new visitors to the feeders the last few da=
ys.=20
They come and go quickly so identification is not easy. They have no intere=
st in=20
the seed but are only interested in the suet and go there when there are no=
=20
Woodpeckers, which is not often. They are about the same size as the goldfi=
nches=20
but dark striped and very colourfull with a white patch on the breast, yell=
ow=20
patches on the sides and rump and some white in the tail. One has some yell=
ow on=20
the head.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>The closest I can come up with are Yellow rumped warble=
rs=20
possibly not yet in full summer dress but have no idea whether that would b=
e=20
typical behaviour.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>We are having a busy woodpecker year. They always nest =
here=20
but there are usually half a dozen behind the house right now, Downies and=
=20
Hairies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>Peter Stow</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>Hubbards</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>
--part1_8744e.4484570f.40a26b13_boundary--