[NatureNS] Zone-tailed Hawk photos

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 22:04:33 -0300
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--089e0141a74ea27cec04facffb43

Here are some representative photos of the bird flying over our camp on
Brier Island today, seen by Rick Whitman and myself.  As previously
mentioned, it was flying in the same manner as a T.Vulture, and seemed
about 50% larger than the accompanying Broad-wings (7). The flock circled
overhead then flew off over Pond Cove in an easterly direction.

This resident of Arizona, Mexico and points south is the 2nd record for NS,
the 1st being in the Musquedobit Valley in Fall of 1976 (fide Ian McLaren).

I added some other "good" birds seen there today.

http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Brier/I-Jun-2014/

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--089e0141a74ea27cec04facffb43

flying over our camp on Brier Island today, seen by Rick Whitman and myself=
.=C2=A0 As previously mentioned, it was flying in the same manner as a T.Vu=
lture, and seemed about 50% larger than the accompanying Broad-wings (7). T=
he flock circled overhead then flew off over Pond Cove in an easterly direc=
tion.<br>

rd for NS, the 1st being in the Musquedobit Valley in Fall of 1976 (fide Ia=
re today.<br>

--089e0141a74ea27cec04facffb43--