[NatureNS] 4 Chimney Swifts, Kentville

From: James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 22:11:24 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Holly Lightfoot <hlightfoot@bsc-eoc.org>,

--047d7b2e4386d44fa304faf84fe9

hi folks,

There have been Chimney Swifts flying over Kentville for a number of days,
so tonight I watched two chimneys in downtown Kentville, that seemed like
good candidates. They both are old and extend high above the rooflines -
one at United Church and one on back of Allied Insurance building beside
TAN. Both can be watched from the frint United church parking lot. (a third
good chimney is on the back of Save Easy (though hard to tell whether it's
capped or not)

A maximum of 4 Chimney Swifts were flying over the town during the time I
watched, from 8:40 to 9:20. The last observation was at 9:11 and they were
flying west at the time. Some made some low swoops towards the Insurance
building chimney during the night, but I did not observe any roosting in
either chimney.

keep your eyes peeled, locals.

cheers,
James.

--
James Churchill
Kentville, Nova Scotia

--047d7b2e4386d44fa304faf84fe9

ifts flying over Kentville for a number of days, so tonight I watched two c=
himneys in downtown Kentville, that seemed like good candidates. They both =
are old and extend high above the rooflines - one at United Church and one =
on back of Allied Insurance building beside TAN. Both can be watched from t=
he frint United church parking lot. (a third good chimney is on the back of=
 Save Easy (though hard to tell whether it&#39;s capped or not)</div>

 during the time I watched, from 8:40 to 9:20. The last observation was at =
9:11 and they were flying west at the time. Some made some low swoops towar=
ds the Insurance building chimney during the night, but I did not observe a=
ny roosting in either chimney.=A0</div>

f=3D"mailto:jameslchurchill@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">jameslchurchill@gm=
ail.com</a><br>

--047d7b2e4386d44fa304faf84fe9--