[NatureNS] Truro Swifts at new library site

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:12:31 -0400
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

On 6/16/2014 10:04 PM, Lois Codling wrote:
> I understand that the renovation of the old Teacher's College in Truro,
> which will now become the new Public Library, is to include a flu liner
> in the chimney.  This will make it impossible for Chimney Swifts to
> roost in the chimney.  Is there anything that can be done about this to
> protect the chimney for the Swifts?

* it's a real example of how weak the societal commitment to SAR is that
there's so little consideration is given to Chimney Swifts in deciding
the fate of the structures in which they nest, and so little activity to
building new nesting /roosting structures.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/
    study our books - http://pinicola.ca/books/index.htm