[NatureNS] Truro Swifts at new library site

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:02:00 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--001a11c34aa81a758704fbff5ef2

Ive heard a similar rumour and it upsets me as surely they could do
something to accommodate the swifts being that they are an endangered
species. Looking into the laws regarding that but entirely short sighted on
the part of the library committee. The presence of the swifts could bring
positive attention to the structure. ..versus negative attention via
evicting an endangered species.

Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Join us on May 10 for our Annual Wildlife Benefit Concert and Silent Auction
Visit www.cwrc.net for details
On Jun 16, 2014 11:07 PM, "Lois Codling" <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
wrote:

> I understand that the renovation of the old Teacher's College in Truro,
> which will now become the new Public Library, is to include a flu liner in
> the chimney.  This will make it impossible for Chimney Swifts to roost in
> the chimney.  Is there anything that can be done about this to protect the
> chimney for the Swifts?
> Lois Codling

--001a11c34aa81a758704fbff5ef2

ould do something to accommodate the swifts being that they are an endanger=
ed species. Looking into the laws regarding that but entirely short sighted=
 on the part of the library committee. The presence of the swifts could bri=
ng positive attention to the structure. ..versus negative attention via evi=
cting an endangered species.=C2=A0 <br>
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre<br>
Join us on May 10 for our Annual Wildlife Benefit Concert and Silent Auctio=
n<br>
Visit www.cwrc.net for details</p>
t; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca">loiscodling@hfx.eastl=
ink.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex=
">
I understand that the renovation of the old Teacher&#39;s College in Truro,=
 which will now become the new Public Library, is to include a flu liner in=
 the chimney. =C2=A0This will make it impossible for Chimney Swifts to roos=
t in the chimney. =C2=A0Is there anything that can be done about this to pr=
otect the chimney for the Swifts?<br>

Lois Codling<br>

--001a11c34aa81a758704fbff5ef2--