[NatureNS] Are tiger moths poisonous?

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:11:46 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The reason I ask is b/c the small group of BC Chickadees (~5) who glean the moths off the side of the camp after dawn take virtually everything but the large sphinx, lunas etc and the white Spilosoma Tiger Moths.

The Chickadees are quite bold hunters. One swooped into the 6" space b/t iPhone and wall to take a brown moth I was attempting to photograph this morning. It's identity will remain unknown.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone