[NatureNS] Well, this interested me

From: Mike McCall <frogmore@xcountry.tv>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 21:21:05 -0300
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca

I won’t presume to instruct or direct nature.ns followers, who are quite
capable of negotiating the internet and sussing out interesting and
revealing bits of news about naturalists, scientists and simple folk who
just enjoy looking at, thinking about, and reporting on birds.

But I can’t help recommending a look at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/science/in-darwins-footsteps.html?ref=todayspaper

which tells an inspiring story of a couple who’ve been monitoring finches on a
Galapagos island for almost 40 years and who have been able to record an
extremely rapid rate of evolution among finches.

I think it’s worth a read.

Mike McCall