[NatureNS] Butterflies and Monarchs

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:29:45 -0300
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c24356c2ff520500854b06

We saw a Monarch flying over the Brier Island ferry yesterday. Presumably
an early migrant. There were also many Fritillaries feeding on Knapweed
around our cabin.

Richard Stern
Sternrichard@gmail.com
Sent from my Android device
On Aug 13, 2014 10:54 AM, "Larry Bogan" <larry@bogan.ca> wrote:

> This morning four Monarchs emerged from their chrysalises and several more
> appear that they will emerge later today.
> We still have four or five flying around the field. Two were observed
> coupled together and one was other layed eggs so they are still active. We
> have released four adults from our 'hatchery' prior to today.
>
> Two days ago on a bike ride around Lakeville in the Valley, I encountered
> two small 'Monarchs' by the side of the road but upon closer examination
> with binoculars they were Viceroys.
>
> Several days ago we had an American Lady on flowers at our place. We
> continue to have lots of Wood Nymphs.
>
> ////// === ///////
> Larry Bogan
> Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia
> <larry@bogan.ca>

--001a11c24356c2ff520500854b06

y. Presumably an early migrant. There were also many Fritillaries feeding o=
n Knapweed around our cabin. </p>
Sternrichard@gmail.com<br>
Sent from my Android device </p>
; &lt;larry@bogan.ca&gt; wrote:<br ty=
pe=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 =
.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
This morning four Monarchs emerged from their chrysalises and several more =
appear that they will emerge later today.<br>
We still have four or five flying around the field. Two were observed coupl=
ed together and one was other layed eggs so they are still active. We have =
released four adults from our &#39;hatchery&#39; prior to today.<br>
Two days ago on a bike ride around Lakeville in the Valley, I encountered t=
wo small &#39;Monarchs&#39; by the side of the road but upon closer examina=
tion with binoculars they were Viceroys.<br>
Several days ago we had an American Lady on flowers at our place. We contin=
ue to have lots of Wood Nymphs.<br>
Larry Bogan<br>
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia<br>
&lt;larry@bogan.ca&gt;<br>